Photobooks continue to rise in popularity, both in South Africa and abroad. With more people having access to great cameras on their phones, it is no surprise that more photos are being taken. But how often do we print them out to show others?
A photobook is a great way to tell a story. Here are some of the common types of photobooks that people print:
- Family history, perhaps moving chronologically from historical photos to contemporary images.
- A narrative of a newsworthy event that you were fortunate or unfortunate enough to witness. There is no requirement to be balanced or objective. The book can simply be an account of what you saw.
- Weddings are an obvious choice. For many years, photobooks have been an obvious part of the package offered by wedding photographers.
- Other big life events such as a graduation, the birth of a child or reunions also make great subjects for photobooks.
- Holidays and travel experiences.
- Sports events.
- Corporate profiles, especially for designers or architects who want to show potential clients their work.
- Photobooks have superseded the photo album that is crammed with prints that show off collections. If you are a collector, you may also choose a photobook to show off your proud collection of coins, stamps, hats, shoes - or whatever it is you collect.
- Graphic designers and artists are also increasingly using photobooks to show off their work.
These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. Any collection of images arranged around a compelling theme can make a good photobook.
RapidStudio offers free online design tools to help you design your photobook. Order your photobooks from us today!