How to Prepare for the Black Friday Shopping Frenzy
- Make a Wish List: You can’t be a casual shopper on Black Friday. Draw up a list of all the things you want and devise a plan to get them. This applies whether you’re visiting any actual stores or just shopping online.
- Research Your Favourite Retailers: Sign up to newsletters, check your favourite websites every day and keep track of all pending Black Friday deals as they come up.
- Download the App: The best way to keep up with Black Friday deals is to download the apps released by all your favourite retailers. They often use these to tell customers about deals and, sometimes, even offer you ways to reserve your items early.
- Plan Your Day: Don’t shop alone! It’s best to get your family and friends involved and devise clever ways to split up the day’s shopping or to hold each other’s places in the various queues.
- Budget: There is so much on offer, and you want it all! But, you need to be realistic and set a budget - and stick to it.
- Set an Alarm Clock: Online stores start trading at midnight. If you’re going to the mall, you’re going to need to get there early to get a decent place in the queue. Whatever your game plan may be, set an alarm clock so that you can get going in time.